my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  BHC Guestbook   » General Discussion   » Rockford IL. HAMC Members Indicted

Author Topic: Rockford IL. HAMC Members Indicted
Pan
Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 10:16 AM     Profile for Pan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
Published: February 4, 2005

Local News: Rockford
Hells Angels members indicted
The president and a former vice president of the Rockford chapter face racketeering and drug-conspiracy charges.

By MIKE WISER, Rockford Register Star
>> Click here for more about Mike

ROCKFORD — The president of the Rockford Hells Angels motorcycle club chapter and its former vice president have been indicted by a federal grand jury in Peoria on racketeering and drug-conspiracy charges.

The indictments, announced Thursday, say President James “JW” White, 50, of Belvidere and Richard Abrams, 39, of Rockford plotted and directed others to find and murder members of rival motorcycle gangs in Peoria and LaSalle counties.

Also named in the indictment are David “Pulley” Ohlendorf, 39, of New Lenox and Melvin “Road” Chancey, 35, of Alsip.

The four men also allegedly conspired to distribute more than 20 kilograms of cocaine and methamphetamine between 1993 and 2002.

“This indictment represents a significant investment of each agency’s time and resources and an ongoing commitment to work together to ensure that such acts of violence and drug dealing as charged in the indictment will not be tolerated,” U.S. Attorney Jan Paul Miller said in a news release from Peoria, announcing the indictments.

Excerpts of the indictment provided by the Justice Department cover nearly a decade of alleged criminal activity undertaken by the four gang members. Specifically:

-- Chancey, a former president of the Chicago chapter, and Ohlendorf shot another motorcycle club president in the chest and leg in June 1994.

-- Chancey and others traveled to Kankakee armed with guns and pipe bombs to find and kill other motorcycle club members and bomb their clubhouse in 1995.

-- Chancey threatened to bomb a bar, and its customers’ vehicles and kill its employees if members of the Hells Angels were asked to pay the cover charge in 1997.

-- Ohlendorf directed others to arm themselves and travel to Peoria to kill other motorcycle club members and did make the trip in 2002.

According to Winnebago County court records, White and Abrams have had brushes with local authorities, but mostly for traffic violations. In 2001, White was allegedly in possession of a motorcycle made up of stolen parts. Abrams bailed him out of jail; that case is pending.

Abrams had a possession charge that was dismissed in 2002.

The allegations in the indictments are reminiscent of the violence and drug problems the Rockford community experienced in the late 1980s through the 1990s while the Hells Angels and a rival gang, the Outlaws, were embroiled in a war that included killings and bombings.

In recent years, some in the Angels tried to put a happier face on their club. They opened their clubhouse to the public for a party in April 2004 and encouraged people to “Get Your Bike Blessed” by Pastor James “Oats” Oldfield, a longtime club member.

No one appeared to be inside the Hells Angels Rockford headquarters, 1109 Rock St., Thursday night. Calls to known associates of the Rockford club were not returned.

Agencies participating in the investigation included the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the Drug Enforcement Administration; the Internal Revenue Service; Illinois State Police; and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Central District of Illinois.

|  IP: Logged
bmayfield
Member # 174

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 12:12 PM     Profile for bmayfield     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
I for one say they were on the right track with the cover charge......IF it was true.Hey Feds...spend the money on other shit.
The Man We Love To Hate...
Member # 114

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2005 02:06 PM     Profile for The Man We Love To Hate...     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
More Fucking Trumped Up Bullshit Charges Against Men Who They Fear...Sounds Awfully Familiar...what do they use the same charges against everyone they arrest all across the country then hold them until they can't find any turncoats or reliable snitches(shit)then they relaes tham on an outragous bail hopeing to violate them before court after they bankrupted them...it all smells the same to me LIKE GOVERNMENT BULLSHIT and i smelled it many times in the past...FUCK THE POLICE...FUCK THE POLICE for the hearing impaired...Free Rusty...M.I.B.Rhett...SHIT STARTER...
Mike_B
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted 02-05-2005 06:13 AM     Profile for Mike_B     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
Related:

Charges Bring Out Reaction
Posted February 4, 2005 3:42pm

Four leaders of Illinois Hell's Angels motorcycle clubs are in the Peoria County Jail facing federal racketeering and drug conspiracy charges. How is the local motorcycle community reacting to these charges.

The bad boy, tough spirited image of leather-geared motorcyclists can zoom off the roads of cultural stereotype. A negativite reaction mechanic Dave Maxwell says he hopes to fix while revving up a positive image among bikers in American society.

This impression he says now exacerbated with four leaders of Illinois Hell's Angels motorcycle clubs--behind bars.

''So naturally people see those people and see regular motorcycle riders and instantly say bad person, I've had that before, walked into restaurants and they look at me like I'm a piece of dirt because they've heard bad things about bikers,'' said Maxwell.

Motorcycle enthusiast Jerry McDuff added, ''A person driving could be just as bad. Just because Hell's Angels, their favorite thing is ride a motorcycle and get drunk and make money selling drugs.''

''There shouldn't be an image that's stereotyping like we don't want people to do to us.''

Members of Hells Angels may advertise themselves as a motorcycle club but the president of Walters Brothers Harley Davidson says they don't represent his sport accurately.

Wayne Wiebler said, ''Yes they go under the name of a motorcycle gang but we don't perceive them as bikers. What we do perceive them as, somebody using our sport as a method to get to the circles they feel they can sell drugs in but they're finding they can't sell them anymore.''

On the flip side, Wiebler says the motorcycle community performs charity work such as the Race for the Cure and Poker Run to combat any negative perceptions of the group.

''Just because people have clothes on to ride their bike, doesn't mean they're any different from anybody else, they're no different from you, no different from me, no different from a doctor or lawyer,'' said Wiebler.

In fact many bikers are doctors and lawyers and even television news anchors.

A survey from the American Motorcyclist Association shows its members bring in an annual household income of about $84,000 and has been riding for 25 years.

The Man We Love To Hate...
Member # 114

Member Rated:

posted 02-05-2005 08:04 AM     Profile for The Man We Love To Hate...     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
What the fuck is a "regular motorcucle rider"...Clubs saved HD from oblivion and all those RUB's want to rub up against Real Bikers at every opprotunity and on every run,but when it comes to supporting the Men who paved the way for motorcycles to be as popular as they are in the U.S.A. they turn away calling us criminals...Fuck The Fucking World...yeah that was me posting shit in the midle of the night as my sleep is non0existant because of stress from assholes about nothing...fucking other white meats can suck my tiny white boy cock along with those "regular motorcycle riders"....fucking punks is what they would all be in the Big House...Free Rusty...Fuck The Police...
DOC
Member # 189

Member Rated:

posted 02-05-2005 11:27 AM     Profile for DOC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
The President of a HD dealership should know better, what a crock of shit!!
Pan
Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted 02-05-2005 01:59 PM     Profile for Pan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
Geee talk about being stereotyped did ya read that crap them "Motorcycle" riders wrote.
quote:
Wayne Wiebler Wiebler said, ''Yes they go under the name of a motorcycle gang but we don't perceive them as bikers. What we do perceive them as, somebody using our sport as a method to get to the circles they feel they can sell drugs in but they're finding they can't sell them anymore.''

I mean shit if that isnt some stereotypical bullshit I don't know what is. Well Mr Wiebler I got some news for you. I know lots of people in IL. and word will travel fast. Lets see just how bad it hurts to lose the ones ya abuse and their supporters! Now you got me in a Mood Rhett
FTW and Flip That Patch

Respects
Pan

popehat
Member # 139

posted 02-06-2005 03:06 AM     Profile for popehat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
"Members of Hells Angels may advertise themselves as a motorcycle club but the president of Walters Brothers Harley Davidson says they don't represent his sport accurately."

Since when did riding a motorcycle become a damned "sport?" And do the RUBs - those fake human beings in designer leathers, accurately represent "his sport?"

The biker "image" didn't come from Harley's corporate board room. It came from real men living real lives.
Nobody buys a Harley becomes some dentist rides one.

L & R popehat

Poindexter
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2005 08:57 AM     Profile for Poindexter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
That HD dealership's words will come back to bite them on the ass. Totally unresponsible response on their part. I expect some back pedaling on those words before rideing season kicks in.

Die yuppie scum.

Mike_B
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2005 09:02 AM     Profile for Mike_B     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
I'll tell you what: The Harley dealer in my town has more sense than the dealer in that article.

The dealer in my town remembers when a hand-full of Hells Angels and other "1%ers" were about the only ones keeping his father's motorcycle shop alive in the 60s and 70s when riding Harleys wasn't trendy. Because his father didn't stereotype and reject people, the business survived and is now a thriving Harley-Davidson dealership. To this day, motorcycle club members are welcomed in that Harley dealership.

For me, seeing the Hells Angels' pack the first time when I was a kid on Highway 41 headed to Bass Lake was enough to influence me forever. Most everyone I know and I ride Harley Davidson because of direct influence -- some kind or another -- of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club; not because of any influence from Madison Avenue.

I believe Hells Angels – directly or indirectly -- have effectively influenced more of us to ride Harley Davidsons than Harley would ever care to admit or some foolish Harley dealers will ever understand.

Erin Mann
Member # 151

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2005 11:03 AM     Profile for Erin Mann     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
Those poser doctors, lawyers and news anchors want to safely adopt the image that clubs like the Hells Angels have created. THESE images, that have claimed hundreds of lives of quality men, given up for only the most noble of causes. They want to slip into their "bad boy" biker gear for a weekend and be looked at by their ignorant neighbors and family members as "OOHH a 'tough biker guy'!!" And they get home at the end of the day, and secretly THANK GOD that they can slip OUT of those SAME clothes and into their safe 3 piece suits and gucci shoes, because they don't have the SACK to keep those clothes on and LIVE that life EVERYDAY, be it good OR bad, like 1%'ers do. These whiney saps can just hang up their "HOG" leathers in the closet when there's "bad press" about what a club has supposedly done.
Fuck 'em. They WANT the image (conveniently, of course) on weekends and holidays that is, if it fits in with their tee time and brunch schedule...that it took decades of blood, tears respect and honor for REAL men to create!!! I say, let those fricking RUBS ride around in their fucking Dockers and topsiders. They don't belong in a REAL man's neighborhood and HOW DARE they even, for a minute, try to imitate men they will NEVER in their lifetime, EVER, EVER begin understand or even come close to measuring up to...

Wheels
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2005 11:30 AM     Profile for Wheels     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
Damn Erin,

Tell it like it really is... Right on fucking top shelf...

Say a Big Old "HEY" to DJ, and give the little cute one a big Old Hug too.

L&R Wheels

DOC
Member # 189

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2005 12:09 PM     Profile for DOC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
Erin, and how do you really feel about this. You go girl, a sunday at the Cracken, remember, or the Hideaway, what a joke these fuckers are but then again I need to get my spare parts somewhere
Pan
Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2005 01:30 PM     Profile for Pan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post ( Print Post ) ( Print Thread )
I find RUB's as a reliable source of cheap parts at times. They go crazy with the billet wheels and such and have no idea what their unused new wheels are worth and for the pleasure of saying they sold it to a real biker they fork it over at bottom dollar. Who am I to correct em?

Pan

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | RustysForum.com